The answer is simple: me!
I wanted to experiment wet on wet (adding bleach into a watercolour wash) and brushing first bleach and adding the watercolour wash after. This is what I did and here is the result:
Somehow, I thought I was going to get a bigger difference between the areas touched with bleach and the rest of the page. Note to self: ventilate the area and preferably work outside (not possible right now, we are still getting negative Celsius around here). This stuff stinks ...
After looking at the results for a while pondering what to do next, I saw something that reminded me of poppies at the bottom of the page. When I turned the page 180 degrees, I saw the head of a cute puppy. Now, that was an interesting conundrum - what to do?!
In the end, I voted for the poppies since they were the first ones I saw. Also, I thought this is a good opportunity to then cut the flowers digitally and use them to learn how to make designs in gimp.
Here are the poppies:
I enhanced the colours a bit and and then extracted few flowers and leaves to bring over in GIMP.
This part turned out to be longer and harder than I thought - because I never used GIMP or anything similar.
Removing the background turned out to be a long process, much longer than anticipated. As a result, I have less flowers and leaves than I originally thought. I used what I had to create a small flower arrangement and I played with different colour backgrounds. I also created a few repeating patterns - for the sake of the exercise.
I also extracted an abstract pattern from another sketch, but that one turned out impossible to convert - at least for me. The nature of the lines and pattern was such that it made removing the white a task that I was not going to undertake any time soon.
I did however convert another sketch of a peony done with a Chinese brush. This type of brush work is not great for converting in digital format. My opinion only, of course.